April 23, 2018
It is quick and easy to change out the water filter on your Electrolux Frigidaire refrigerator. Just follow these simple steps. We will begin with the “when” and then look at the “how.”
When Should I Change My Water Filter?
Frigidaire says owners of the side-by-side model FFHS2611LB should change the water filter if:
- The current one has been installed for six months, or
- The water begins to taste different, or looks slightly cloudy, or
- When you have run 200 gallons of water, or
- The warning light on the water and ice dispenser panel shows red to say it is time to replace the filter, or
- The fridge has not been used for a lengthy period.
Where is the Water Filter Cartridge?
It is easy to get to. It is in the top right back corner of the refrigerator’s fresh food section. Just open the fridge door and look to your right. If you are about six feet tall, you may need to duck your head down a little so you can see it.
How Do I Change Out the Cartridge?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Turn off the water to the ice maker. In the ice cube compartment, you will see a metal arm; just raise it, and the water supply will stop.
- Place a cloth under the cartridge, just in case it drips as you remove it.
- Push the filter in towards the back of the fridge. This releases the cartridge, so you can easily pull it out.
- Discard the old cartridge.
- Unpack the new cartridge. You may use the Pure Source 3 (WF3CB) or Pure Source Ultra (ULTRAWF)
- You will see notches in the housing, so just align the cartridge with the slots.
- Slowly push the cartridge into the filter housing.
- Push the cartridge until it “snaps” into place. You will hear a click.
Now, What Should I do?
You need to flush water through the new filter to get rid of any air or loose filtrate. Do NOT turn on the icemaker until you have flushed the system.
- Hold a glass or jug against the water dispenser. The water may splutter and spurt, so have a cloth ready to wipe up any splashes.
- Look at the new cartridge as the water flows, to make sure you installed it correctly. If it drips, you should push it firmly “home.”
- You need to flush the new cartridge for about four minutes – or until you have drawn two gallons of water and the flow is clear.
- Turn on the icemaker.
- Press and hold the Water Filter Warning Button for three seconds; it will change from red to green.
We hope you found this simple and easy to follow. We want to help all of our customers to get the most out of their appliance products, so if you need more help with anything, please just click here to contact us.
Oct. 17, 2019
How to Replace the Handle on Your Oven
Oct. 07, 2019
Soap Not Dissolving in Dishwasher
Sep. 29, 2019
Why Won’t My Washing Machine Stop Spinning?
Sep. 16, 2019
How to Replace the Door Panel on a Dishwasher
Sep. 09, 2019
Samsung Top Load Washer Lid Lock Repair
Aug. 22, 2019
Kenmore and Frigidaire Wall Ovens Recalled
Aug. 16, 2019
What to Do When an Oven Door Will Not Unlock
Aug. 06, 2019
How to Replace a Refrigerator Light
Jul. 29, 2019
Reasons Your Dishwasher Takes Forever to Fill
Jul. 22, 2019
Fixing a Washer That is Not Filling Fast Enough
Jul. 16, 2019
What to Check When The Oven Door Won’t Close
Jun. 27, 2019